The POTUS has refused demands to present his birth certificate. He has put forth a “Certification of Live Birth” from Hawaii, but that isn’t actual evidence that he was born there. This is reliably verified. The controversy was initially mentioned in the campaign, and it has gained traction since his inauguration. Legal challenges have been made, and military personnel have refused to serve under his command. WND, in particular, has been reporting extensively on it, and has gone to the point of buying billboard space to promote awareness of it.
When this issue really started “taking off,” it reminded me of some of the “dirty tricks” the Clinton Administration used to play. They would “leak” false information, and hope that talk radio would jump on it. Then, once the right got outraged about it, they’d reveal the truth (or at least a less controversial lie). Obviously, this was an attempt to not only misdirect the right, but to also discredit talk show hosts, magazines, websites, and so on. Thankfully, this taught the right to fact check a bit more, and it wasn’t terribly successful in discrediting them.
Knowing the dishonesty of the left, does the POTUS have his birth certificate, and is allowing the right to waste time, money, and credibility to reveal a “false lie?” I don’t know. But doing so would have some benefits for the administration:
- It could discredit the right, from the web, all they way to the Tea Parties. No matter how important or insignificant this is to the right, the MSM will tar and feather the entire movement with it. Obviously, discrediting the right would make the resistance to the legislative agenda less effective.
- Any effort to reveal the truth about the birth certificate is effort NOT being spent fighting the POTUS’s legislative agenda.
- Revealing the birth certificate at a later date may discourage many on the right, and cause them to be silent.
Let me say that I mean no disrespect towards WND, or it’s creator, Joseph Farah. I visit WND regularly, and it’s frequently a source for this blog. I’ve often been able to get something up on my blog before others because of WND. However, I have to propose this as a possibility, simply because others on the left have perpetrated similar hoaxes in the past.
Now, we also have to consider the potential consequences if this is true. What if the POTUS is NOT a US citizen, and is therefore ineligible to be president? What would happen then? This is my take:
- The left goes into crisis mode, which I think is their favorite. There’s so much exploiting to do in a crisis!
- The MSM uniformly reports that this is an attack on our “democracy.” After all, the people elected him, right? The slanted reporting against the right will become increasingly shrill, to the point where it simply becomes an attack, fanning the flames for the left.
- All the lefty groups, from ACORN, down to the rent-a-mob, will plan and orchestrate massive protests. They will be violent and bloody. Consider it the “mother of all temper tantrums” from the left. It might be the kind of widespread rioting not seen in this country since the 60’s. Imagine Katrina-New Orleans and the Rodney King riots times ten.
- Leftists from every foreign government will denounce the “blatant fascism” of the Conservatives in the US.
- Joe Biden becomes the POTUS (SHUDDERS)
- Barak Hussein Obama (Note this is the first time I’ve actually written the man’s name on this blog) becomes a martyr of sorts, giving Biden, Pelosi, and the others more political capital to ram their legislation through. They’ll posit that his removal from office was to resist “change” rather than the rule of law.
- The crisis created by the left’s temper tantrums allows for the government to start restricting people’s rights at an unprecedented level. It’s an EMERGENCY, after all! They’ll count on a frightened public to give many of their rights away.
Don’t get me wrong. If the man isn’t eligible, he can’t serve, it’s as simple as that. We do, however, have to be aware of the potential results. We should prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.
For me, I actually hope that this is some sort of deception by the left. His approval numbers are dropping, and his legislative agenda is starting to stall. People are starting to wake up. Eventually, his policies will cause the recession/depression to deepen. I firmly believe that this will lead to Republican victories in 2010 and 2012. In the end, I’d like to see this guy defeated based on ideology and facts, rather than by a “technicality.” (And that’s how the left will portay it) Not only do we have a great opportunity to defeat Barak Obama, but we also have a chance to defeat his ideas. That, my friends, should be our Holy Grail. If we can defeat the idea of socialism, no matter how it is packaged, we set the left back by at least a decade. They won’t go away-they never will, but we can count on millions of Americans knowing how the left hurt them-because the left will hurt them.
Source: Western Front America
Other stories at We Are Change Colorado Springs